Pal Szentannai is the Executive Committee Member designated by Hungary in the IEA - FBC (International Energy Agency - Fluidized Bed Conversion, ieafbc.org). He authored and edited several books on the topics advanced power plant process control and fluidized bed combustion (Advanced, Springer, Scale-Up, Glossary). He is also proud of the many years' experiences he gained in the energy industry as an engineer on proposals, commissioning, and design of thermal and control systems (GEA-EGI).
Research area: FBCs and other environment-friendly applications of the fluidized bed technology; Renewable solid biomass utilisation for energy production; Combustion of solid fuels; Power plant applications of advanced control techniques; Modelling of (dynamic, multivariable, nonlinear) energy technology processes; model based control design.
Qualification, academic degree:
- 2001: Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, BME Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- 1988: M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, BME Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics
- 2011 - BME Faculty of Mechanical Engineering Department of Energy Engineering – Associate Professor
- 2003-2011: BME, Department of Energy Engineering - Assistant Professor, (2003-2010: part time)
- 2007-2010: TU Wien, Institut für Verfahrenstechnik, Prof. Winter - Senior Researcher: Modeling & development of novel envi. processes
- 2002-2007: LG Energia Ltd: Chief Scientific Officer - Theoretical and experimental results on sewage sludge FBC util.
- 2000: TU Wien, Institut für Technische Wärmelehre, Prof. Linzer, Werner - Research Fellow: FBC model validation
- 1999-2002: GEA-EGI Co Ltd: Research- and Proposal Engineer - Development of a thermal design tool; on-site measurements
- 1998: TU Wien, I.f. Maschinen- und Prozessautomatisierung, Prof. Jörgl - Research Fellow: New advanced control strategy for FBCs
- 1996: Universität-GH-Siegen, Institute für Energietechnik, Prof. Fett - Research Fellow: Mathematical modeling of CFBCs
- 1996-1998: BME Energetika Tanszék – doktorandus hallgató Ph.D. minősítés: „summa cum laude”
- 1993: BME, Institute for Electrotechniques - Part-time lecturer: new measurement exercise
- 1988-1995: Institute for Energy CO Ltd: Design Engineer - Numerous plans designed and commissioned; Heller Prize
- 1987: AEG - Seligenstadt/Main: IAESTE fellowship - two internal AEG reports
- 1983-1988: BME Villamosmérnöki Kar – hallgató – A diploma minősítése: „kiváló”
- 1978-1982: Secondary Grammar School – student II. Price on the National Competition for Experimetal Physics